The 2022 Under-20s Six Nations will be broadcast exclusively in France by the L’Équipe group from February 4.
Every France Under-20s match will be broadcast live and in prime time on L’Équipe channel, while the rest of the competition will be shown on L’Équipe’s platform (website and app).
Les Bleuets last won the competition in 2018, before going on to be crowned world champions for two years running with a team featuring the likes of Romain Ntamack and Cameron Woki.
They came second in the 2021 Under-20s Six Nations, and their matches in the 2022 season will all be shown live, and on free-to-air via the L’Équipe channel.
Jérôme Saporito, Directeur of TV at L’Équipe said: “It is a privilege for the L’Équipe channel to partner with the Six Nations committee through the broadcast of the Under-20s Six Nations. It is in our DNA to show off the talents of tomorrow. These young rugby players will go up against the best youngsters in Europe, it is the best way to make the way to the senior France team. The channel will provide the technical and editorial means to tell the human and sporting story that is the Under-20s Six Nations.
“Two years out from a World Cup in France that should be fantastic, Philippe Boher’s players will be desperate to stand out and why not dream of reaching the senior team. This partnership reinforces the links between the L’Équipe channel and French and international rugby after the partnership developed during the Autumn Nations Series.”
Benjamin Morel, CEO of Six Nations Rugby, added: “Thanks to this partnership with L’Équipe, the 15 matches of the Under-20s Six Nations will be available to French supporters, new and old. It is an extremely exciting new stage for the 2022 and 2023 editions and proof of the support of L’Équipe for young rugby talents and future stars who supporters will be able to discover.”
Schedule of France Under-20s matchs on the L’Équipe channel (French time)
• Friday February 4 at 9pm: France-Italy
• Friday February 11 at 9pm: France-Ireland
• Friday February 25 at 9pm: Scotland-France
• Thursday March 10 at 9pm: Wales-France
• Sunday March 20 at 9pm: France-England
Schedule of the other matches live on the L’Équipe platform (website and app, French time)
• Friday February 4 at 9pm: Ireland-Wales and Scotland-England
• Friday February 11: Italy-England at 8pm and Wales-Scotland at 9pm
• Friday February 25: England-Wales at 8pm and Ireland-Italy at 9pm
• Friday March 11 at 8pm: Italy-Scotland
• Saturday March 12 at 8.15pm: England-Ireland
• Sunday March 20: Wales-Italy at 3pm and Ireland-Scotland at 6pm